Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Weddings...

So, this weekend, my husband Joel and I attended our first wedding of the season!  My friend from college, Jennifer Wagler, married her man, Rob Gurr in a beautiful ceremony in Ilderton.  We were so happy to attend and celebrate with them and their families.  I was reminded so many times throughout the day of why I love weddings and why I love doing what I do.  There is just something so beautiful about seeing two people who are so in love commit themselves and their lives to each other.  It's amazing to see two families come together and welcome someone new into their inner circle.  I love watching the groom's reaction as he sees his bride for the first time.  I love when a dad gives away his little girl, entrusting his new son in law to cherish and love her.  Yep, I love weddings!  And I love my job, because every time someone purchases their wedding gown from our store, or orders their wedding invitations, or when a mother chooses the gown she will wear on that special day, I am thankful that I get to be part of their fairy tale coming true.  I know what an important day it is for all involved and I'm excited to share that day with them in such a small way.

Here's a picture from the wedding, it's not a very clear one, and I'm excited to see the photographs from the photographer, Brenda Coghlin.  Did anyone else attend a wedding or wedding event this past weekend?  If so, feel free to tell us about it.  What's your favourite part of a wedding?

As always, you can find Once Upon A Time Weddings website at http://www.onceuponatimeweddings.ca/ or join our facebook fan page for pictures of new gowns arriving in the store and special promotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...